Mickey Mouse Degree


March 12th 2018

A graduate has sued Anglia Ruskin University for £60000, claiming she ended up with a “Mickey Mouse” degree that has not helped with her career (despite getting a First). Maybe a “Bob The Builder” degree would have helped her get up the ladder… However, it just goes to show that students today really need think about what degree they choose…

https://ind.pn/2Hpbnvu

MICKEY MOUSE DEGREE


SON: Mum, Dad, school have told me to start thinking about cartoon degrees for University, but I’m really not sure!


DAD: Ah, yes I’ve heard the Mickey Mouse degree doesn’t offer great value for money. Let’s have a look at the prospectus, son… how about the Flintstone’s degree in Archeology?


MUM: Or the Scrooge McDuck degree in Finance?


DAD: SpongeBob degree in Marine Biology?


SON: Oh, I don’t know. What did you do, Mum?


MUM: I did the Captain Planet degree in Environmental Studies.


DAD: (fondly…) Aaaah, She was a bit of a hippy, your Mum


MUM: All I ever wanted was to take Pollution down to Zero…


SON: How about you, Dad? You must have had qualifications to become a Police Detective?


MUM: Your Dad actually dropped out of the same Captain Planet degree as me…


SON: Really?


DAD: Yeah, thats how we met! But I did the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Module - it was a nightmare, working down there in the sewers…


MUM: And you didn’t get along with that human sized rat who was your tutor…


DAD: So I swapped to The Scooby Doo degree in Investigative Policing. Much better - solved loads of mysteries…gave me a clear career path.


SON: Wow, sounds great!


DAD: (wistfully) Yeah, there was this redhead on the course…Daphne, I think her name was…


MUM: (irritated) Errr, that’s quite enough! Let’s look at some of the others. Bob The Builder degree in Construction? Homer Simpson degree in Nuclear Science?


SON: Urrgh, Cartoon degrees certainly don’t sound as good as they were in the old days. There is far too much choice!


DAD: Too right, son. In my day, it was quality over quantity. There were only four Universities we could afford, each with a few cartoon degrees on them.


MUM: (wistfully) I used to study my Captain Planet degree in the Broom Cupboard with Philip Schofield…


SON: Excuse me?


MUM: (wistfully) Oooh, we used to study all sorts for extra credit. Dogtanion for French, Willy Fogg for Geography… Thundercats degree for summoning the ancient spirits of evil….


SON: Errrr…


DAD: Now there are thousands of cartoon degrees you can access anywhere - online degrees, streaming degrees, HD/4K degrees….


MUM: Degrees you can binge-study in ten hours….


SON: Yeah, my mate Connor has just got on the Rick and Morty degree….Aaaargh, I just don’t know what to do!


MUM: Well I wouldn’t worry, it won’t matter what you pick anyway…


SON: Why not?


MUM: You’ll still get paid 4 times as much as your sister whatever you do!

END